Let’s face it, you never actually plan to get into an accident—whether a minor fender-bender or major collision where you’ll need extensive auto body work done. This is not a business where you’re driving down a street and say, “Oh geez, I think I’ll get my front end repaired now. Oh, there’s an auto body shop. Let’s stop and see if they’ll fix it!”
The auto body repair business is one that most people don’t want to use unless they have to. And most times when this service is needed, their jobs and families depend on the shop getting the repair work done in a efficient and timely manner. This can be due to insurance constraints such as only paying for a limited number of car rental days, limited coverage due to the value of the car and a multitude of other factors.
Below are 5 things you can do to tell if you have the right auto body shop for your car’s repairs:
1. Ask for Referrals—Ask your friends and family to see who they use is a good place to start. Also looking online and posting a question on Facebook to your friends there is another great way to see who’s out there, who’s good and who’s not.
2. Check Yelp and Google Reviews— This is very easy to do. In your local area, simply type in “body shops near me” and all the body shops in your area will be listed. Click on each of them and read their reviews. If you read enough of them, you’ll get a real feel for how good they are with service, the efficiency of their shop and how timely they get work done. They can’t control the reviews that people put up so you’re going to know right away if they’re in the running to be considered.
3. Stop By The Shop—This is another good way to tell if you’ll feel comfortable leaving your car in their hands. Notice how you’re treated, the condition of the shop and whether it’s clean and well-maintained. Also, talk to the staff and see how knowledgeable they are about your particular repair. Ask them about their process and a timeline for getting the job done.
4. Ask About Their Certifications—Their technicians should be qualified to do the repairs and their are certifications such as I-CAR and ASE that certify technicians in their specialties. Seeing the shops technicians having these certifications is a great way to ensure trust and professionalism in getting your car repaired correctly.
5. Do They Offer a Warranty?– Every good auto body shop will offer a great warranty on parts or service. This shows that they stand behind their work and will back it up in the event that something goes wrong.
These five things can help you make an educated and informed decision about your car’s repairs. * At Orlando Auto Body we strive to fix your car in a timely and efficient manner. We always attempt to use original manufacturer equipment (OME) parts so that we can go beyond repairing your car. We prefer to restore your car to it’s original condition wherever possible by using the same parts the manufacturer used to build it instead of using used or after-market parts. We want your entire experience to be a great one and we back our service and parts with a lifetime guarantee! Come see us today at 1007 S Center St, Mesa, AZ 85210 or call us at (480) 844-4858.